Bethany Christian Church is a Christ-centered, Bible-based, Elder-led, Deacon- and Staff-powered, and member-supported Church.
Tim Collins, Tommy Musick, and Bill Orbeck.
Mitchell Burns, Tim Crawford, Jordan Hardeman, Clay Little, Anthony Nasser, Ken Smith.
That Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God, who died for our sins and arose from the dead.
(1 Corinthians 15:1-8 & John 3:16)
That the Bible is the inspired word of God – a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.
(2 Timothy 3:16 & Psalm 119:105)
That every person has worth as a creation of God, but that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
That forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Savior and Lord.
That those accepting Christ should repent of sin, confess their faith, and be baptized into Him.
(Romans 10:9 & Acts 2:38)
That the Church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit and exists to save the lost and edify the saved.
That Jesus Christ will one day return to earth and reign forever as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
(1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
In September of 1883, a group of men and women met to form a congregation of Christians, dedicated to restoration of simple Bible truths. The first services were held in a brush arbor, located near the present location of the church. A few years later, a frame building was erected in a beautiful grove and was called Black Gum Christian Church, which came from a very large black gum tree which stood just across the road from the church, and which farm animals were hitched to while their owners attended church.
In the early years of the church, preaching services were only held once a month, as the preacher rotated duties between four congregations. Sunday School was held each week, however.
In 1921, Etta and Cliff Jordan gave one acre of land to build a new brick church. This land was at the church's present location at 2868 Carrollton-Villa Rica Highway. The building was begun in 1927 and dedicated in 1928. When the congregation moved, the name was changed to Bethany Christian Church. Further donations from the Jordan family provided land for a cemetery. Carl and Thelma Jordan also gave land for the parsonage, and future expansions. In 1998 the present sanctuary was dedicated.
Since 1883, Bethany Christian Church has continued a legacy of Christians dedicated to "simple Bible truths." We invite anyone looking for a church home to come and be a part of the Bethany family.